It's a fact of life that things don't always go the way we plan them to.
I'm one of those people who like to plan everything, which of course means that I like everything to go accordingly. But as you probably all know, life has the tendency to often do its own thing.
It's not very uncommon and something we are all aware of. Yet whenever it happens to me I have a little crisis, get upset or quite frankly super pissed off. I like to be in control, probably why I'm not very fond of getting super drunk, but that's another story. Being in control of my own life gives me a feeling of secureness. We all want to feel secure, it's human nature. So quite naturally when things don't go to plan we react to it.So what are we supposed to do when things don't go as we planned?
What to do when things don't go as planned?
We all hate it, but it's part of life. So the next time things don't go accordingly remember these:
1. Take a step back, breath and evaluate the situation.Ask yourself what the worst is that can happen from the situation and maybe try to see a different perspective. Sometimes looking at things from a different scale will help you realise it might not be that bad after all.
2. Let that steam off.Be mad, show it and do what you need to do. But move on. Don't let it control you and your life. However, having a little vent won't solve the issue.
3. Have a break.Having a break can sometimes do wonders when you are stressed out. Whenever things don't go as planned I do some window shopping (or actual shopping) and feel just a bit better. But it helps me to relax, calm down and tackle the issue.
4. It will only make you stronger.It's so cheesy but it's true. It's an obstacle that you will overcome, it will help you grow and help with similar situations in the future.
5. Why did it happen?Analysing the issue may help to stop it from happening again.
6. One door closes, another one opens.Often the best outcome occurs after something didn't go as planned. For me, it was moving to England. I didn't want to stay but didn't have the option to move back to Germany unfortunately. It all turned out better than I could have ever expected though and am now grateful for being here.
7. Remember that sometimes it could be a lot worse.By this, I don't mean that the situation isn't important or bad, but sometimes remember that it could be a lot worse.
8. Make a decision.It happened and didn't go as planned, but how will you proceed, what happens next? Life doesn't stop, it goes on.
9. Ask for help.There is no harm in asking for some guidance, advice or help. Friend, Family or anyone else will always be there for you if needed.
10. Don't give up.
What do you do when things don't go as planned?
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.